Synonyms: Penetrant OT, Penetrating agent T CAS NO.: 1639-66-3
Molecular formula: C20H37NaO7S Molecular weight: 444.56
This product is an anionic surfactant, it has properties of rapid penetration, homogeneity, wetting, emulsification and better frothing. It is intolerant with strong acid, strong alkali, heavy metals and reductant.
This product is soluble in water, lower alcohol, benzene, ccl4 and kerosene oil solvents. The solution is milk white, pH (1% water solution) is 5.0-7.0.
This product can penetrate rapidly and homogeneously, and has good effect at temperature lower than 40℃ and pH 5-10. The treated fabric is stable even temperature acidic and alklic condition changed. It’s widely used textile & dyeing, pesticide emulsification, tanning and mineral separation.
pH (1% water solution)
Penetrating (1% water solution) /s
Solid content %
Methods and used in
(1) Cotton wool dyeing: 2g/l of this product is heated from room temperature to 95℃, 20 min dehydration, then rolling drift after cooling, cleaning, dechloridation.
(2) Cotton wool desize：cotton wool is pretreated at 20℃ for 5 min, then other additives can be added, it is heated to 80-90℃ in 20-30 min, and is treated for 45 min. When cotton shell is removed, it can be dyed. The preferred dosage is 2-3g/l.
(3) Cotton wool desize, bleach and dyeing: The direct or active dye which is oxidant tolerance is selected. The method is the same as 2, dyeing is added directly.
(4) Scouring of adhesive: addition of penetrant t in scouring of adhesive can reduce 2 h and decrease damage to silk.
(5) Usage in asbestos: for froth asbestos, the preferred dosage is 10-15% of asbestos; for dustless asbestos, the preferred dosage is 15-20% of asbestos.
(6) Usage in tanning: for dry tanning, this product is usually mixed with jfc, and the preferred dosage is 0.5-1.0%. For tanning additives, the preferred dosage is 10%.
Package and Storage:
Package: 200L plastic drum, IBC(1000L),customers’ requirement.
Shelf life: two years.
(1) This product should better be used under 40℃ for silk, it can decomposed in high temperature and alkali. Thus, it is first treated with silk under 40℃, then it is heated. For asbestos, it is first pulped into slurry with asbestos, then it is heated to 200-300℃.
(2) This product is intolerant with strong alkali. Diluted with water first.
(3) This product is anionic surfactant, it cannot mixed with cationic surfactant or cationic dye.
(4) When raw blanks are being scoured and bleached, the slurry is recommended to be desized completely first to ensure the penetration effect.
(5) If too many froth is occurred, antifrother such as octanol, tributyl phosphate can be used.
Penetrating agent T
Rapid Penetrant T
Sodium Diethylhexyl Sulfosuccinate
Butanedioic acid, sulfo-, 1,4-dioctyl ester, sodium salt
Succinic acid, sulfo-, 1,4-dioctylester, sodium salt
Succinic acid, sulfo-, dioctyl ester, Na salt
Octyl alcohol,sulfosuccinate (1:2) sodium salt
Sodium di-n-octyl sulfosuccinate
butanedioic acid, 2-sulfo-, 1,4-dioctyl ester, sodium salt
Dioctyl sulfosuccinate, sodium salt
sodium 1,4-bis(2-ethylhexyl) sulfosuccinate